Sunday, November 21, 2010

dialogic interlude/coffee break by Nellie Simmons

So who are you?


I'm not really sure. I go by a few names. Char, Charlie, Nells, Baja...and for a time, Ryann.



What would you like us to call you?



I suppose Nellie is good. That's how many know me. So yeah, Nellie.



Okay, Nellie it is. So what do you want us to know?



well...I'm drinking Pirate Death Coffee...I don't know if anyone really cares, but I am.



Pirate Death Coffee? What is it?



Well, I'm not sure. It's....deathly.



It sounds strong.



It is...It's strong enough to let you fight off a pirate attack...or, join one. At least, that's what I've been told.



But it's like...1:45 in the afternoon....you realize that, right?



Oh yes. Yes, I am fully aware of the time. Are you aware of what time it REALLY is?



Um...excuse me?



The real time. Are you aware?



Um...yes, of course. Anyway, let's continue, shall we?



Of course not. We have to drink our Pirate Death Coffee first.



But...can't you drink it and talk at the same time?



Oh yes, I'm sure I can. The question is, can you?



Can I what? Drink and talk?



No, of course you can't. They allow you to drink on the job? What kind of people are your employers?



Uhm...no, I mean...wait...what? Who's conducting this interview anyway? You or me?



You or me? Or you or I? Which shall we be? I am, of course. Here, drink this, it will help.



What is it?



I told you, Pirate Death Coffee. Real pirates don't cry. Come on now, get it together.

No comments: