Monday, October 17, 2011

Poem by Veronica McStocker

Lost.

Have you ever been so lost,
That you don’t know where to go?
Not in the sense of
Needing directions on the road lost,
But the kind of lost when you aren’t really sure who you are.
Well,
Maybe you know who you are.
Or who you’d like to be.
But you aren’t sure of how to get there?
Everything is so complicated,
Sometimes I sit and think.
Who am I?
What am I even doing?
It keeps me up at night,
This constant worry that I won’t be
Everything that will make everyone proud.
I won’t live up to everyone’s expectations,
I can’t make everyone happy.
Sometimes I even try to see myself from outside.
If I didn’t know me, what would I think of me?
Would I think that I am the perfect daughter?
Would I think that I am the perfect student?
Am I a perfect citizen?
Would I be proud of me?
I don’t know.
Am I even good?
I know I try,
But is that good enough?

No comments: