Monday, April 30, 2012

Wake Up by Miriam Canut Segura

They ask me to write Slam and I say wake up.

Sometimes I wish
I was born in the early sixties among the counter culture.
When at least a revolution
was something real
made by people;
that was
REAL.

I don’t like how I feel.

I look around
and I see
copies
of copies
of copies.

They ask me to write Slam
and I say “You, wake up!”

People working
in jobs that they hate
to be able to buy shit
that they don’t need.

Always with the strong belief
that they are free.
FREE
FREE!

I say free,
but free FALLING.

Plastic Soldiers;
Clock-Hearted,
Toilet-Headed.
Get away from me

They ask me to write Slam
And I say; “Yo, wake up, right now!”

Take off your mask.
“Why?
There is more plastic underneath.”

As in everyone.
Industrial PLASTIC;
your biggest-biggest
ADDICTION.

Something needs to be done

They ask me to write some slam
and I would like to ask you to stand up.

So why do you watch?
Why do you watch and don’t look?

To look means to realize.
To realize means pain,
and pain,
is not among the last trend.

They ask me to write slam
And I say “Holy shit, please, read some books.”

Wasted minds;
FEAR
and
CONFORMISM
As the Holy Spirit.

Meanwhile
The capitalist leviathan
Eating your brains;
Day,
after day,
after day.
Brain,
after brain,
after brain.

But you are ok;
singing  the songs
that you love to sing,
wearing the clothes
that you love to wear
I would probably love you more
If you would have the niceness of
Please,
PLEASE
stop hiding yourself
underneath
this fake berk,
underneath
those three tons of

makeup.
Make up
your mind.
go search
and find.

TRUTH.
Truth

beyond the line
in this real path
of mine.

“Real eyes
realize
real lies.” 1

They’ve asked me to write slam
and I said; wake up.





1. Title of a song of the band Machine head



No comments: